If you own an Amazon Firestick, you might wonder how to turn off Firestick. Amazon Firestick allows its users to watch their favorite shows on-demand on the big screen with comfort. This device is highly popular due to its ease of use and versatility. But it can be a bit tricky to understand how it actually operates. In today’s post, I will teach you how to turn off a Firestick in detail. The Firestick continues to function in the background and consumes power if you do not shut it down. You can now keep on reading to learn how to turn off Firestick.
How To Turn Off Firestick?
In this section, I will explain how to turn off Firestick in brief. Firesticks are available in different versions and each generation operates differently. The quickest way to turn off your Firestick is by using your remote.
Follow these steps to learn how to turn off Firestick with the remote.
- On your Firestick remote, press and hold the Home button.
- Keep pressing the button for at least three seconds.
- This will cause your TV screen to turn dark.
- Now, a pop-up menu will appear on your TV screen.
- Navigate to the Sleep option by using the remote directional buttons.
- Then, press the middle button of your remote to select the Sleep option.
After this, your Firestick will go into Sleep mode. This won’t turn off your TV, you have to do it manually or use another remote. You can keep on reading further to learn more about how to turn off Firestick from the remote.
Turn Off Firestick From The Home Screen
You can even turn off your Firestick from the Firestick TV home screen. Follow these steps to learn how to turn off Firestick remote click.
- Press the Home button on your Firestick remote.
- This will bring up the Home Screen.
- Now, press the UP directional button on your remote.
- This will navigate you to the upper-right corner of your Home Screen.
- Next, press the right-directional button to highlight Settings.
- Press the center button on your remote to select Settings.
- Here, select My Fire TV.
- From the pop-up menu, select Sleep.
This will instantly turn off your Firestick and not your TV. When it comes to how to turn off Firestick 4K, you can follow the same procedure. On older Fire TV devices, you’ll see Devices instead of My Fire TV.
You can keep on reading to learn how to turn off Firestick without a remote.
Turn Off Firestick By Using Fire TV App
You can use the Fire TV App to turn on and turn off your Amazon Firestick. Follow these steps to learn how to turn off the Firestick by using the Fire TV app.
- Download and launch the Fire TV app from either App Store or Play Store.
- Now, sign in with your Amazon username and password.
- Then, enter the four-digit code that appeared on your TV screen.
- From the top-left corner of your screen, tap on the Gear icon.
- From the pop-up menu, choose Sleep to turn off your Firestick.
During this process, just make sure you use the same WiFi network on your Firestick and your smartphone. To check your Firestick WiFi network, go to Settings >> My Fire TV >> About >> Network.
You can keep on reading further to learn more about how to turn off the Firestick TV.
Turn Off Firestick With Alexa
The latest Firestick models have included a remote with a built-in microphone. You can use a variety of voice commands by just pressing the microphone button. Do you know how to turn off Firestick with Alexa? All you have to do is press the microphone button on your remote and say “Alexa, turn off Fire TV”. You can even search apps, start apps, return to the home screen, and do other basic TV remote functions. So, you can use this method if you are wondering how to turn off Firestick apps.
Unfortunately, older Firesticks do not have this function. You can either upgrade to the latest Firestick 4K or use the above methods.
Surprisingly, you can also turn off Alexa voice assistant on your Amazon Firestick. Follow these steps to learn how to turn off Firestick voice.
- First, go to the Settings menu and select the Accessibility option.
- Here, choose the VoiceView option.
- Now, a full-screen window pops up along with an option to turn it off.
- Select the Turn-off button to turn off the Firestick voice.
Now, Alexa will inform you that you’ve successfully turned off Firestick voice.
Turn Off Firestick Screensaver
Your Amazon Fire TV will start displaying screensavers if you don’t press any buttons on your remote control. You can follow these steps if you want to learn how to turn off the Firestick screensaver.
- First, go to the Settings menu and select the Display option.
- Here, choose the Screensaver option.
- Now, scroll down to select Start time.
- This will bring up different time settings like 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, and Never.
- Choose the Never option to turn off the screensaver.
In this way, you can easily turn on and turn off the Firestick screensaver.
Turn Off TV With Firestick Remote
Now, you must be wondering how to turn off the TV with Firestick remote. Turning off the TV is even simpler than turning off the Firestick remote. You can tell Alexa to turn off your TV and she will do the task immediately for you.
Let us now check out how to turn off the sidewalk on Firestick.
Turn Off Amazon Sidewalk On Firestick
Amazon Sidewalk is a wireless network standard that is developed by Amazon. It is an alternative to WiFi and Bluetooth. You can follow these steps to know how to turn off Amazon Sidewalk on Firestick.
- Launch the Alexa app on your phone and tap on More.
- Now, select Settings and then choose Account Settings.
- Scroll down to select Amazon Sidewalk.
- Then, toggle on the Disabled switch.
Instead of the Alexa app, you can also use the Ring app to turn off Amazon Sidewalk.
Does Amazon Firestick Turn Off Automatically?
Yes, your Amazon Firestick will turn off automatically when left attended for a while (at least 20 minutes).
Does The Firestick Turn Off When The TV Turns Off?
Yes, your Firestick will turn off when you turn off your TV. Simply unplugging your Firestick from the power source will turn off your Firestick completely.
Let’s get to know more about various topics on Turnoffme
Why Won’t My Firestick Remote Turn Off My Tv?
Access the TV’s settings (varies by make and model), then look for CEC options and enable CEC functionality. This step allows the Firestick to turn the TV on and off. Press the Power button on the Firestick remote to see if it turns your TV on/off.
Does Unplugging Firestick Reset It?
Absolutely not. There is no need to always keep Fire TV Stick on “power on” mode even if your TV is on. Just switch it on when you want to watch content.
How Do I Control My Firestick With My TV Remote?
To control an Amazon Fire Stick with a remote control, enable HDMI CEC on your TV before you connect the Fire Stick to the TV’s HDMI port. After ensuring the Fire Stick is recognized by the TV, the TV remote should be able to control it.
How Do I Turn On My Amazon Fire Stick?
Plug the Fire TV Stick into your TV’s HDMI port and then power it on by plugging the included power adapter into a wall outlet. Put batteries in your Fire TV Stick’s remote. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Fire TV Stick.
By reading the above article, you got to know how to turn Firestick off in detail. Amazon Firestick will not turn off automatically until you turn off the device manually. Luckily, there are a couple of ways to power off a Firestick. You have to select the Sleep option in order to turn off your Amazon Firestick. You can even turn off Firestick by turning off your TV or simply unplugging the device from your TV. Just keep in your mind that pressing any button on your remote will restart your Firestick device. Once you understand how to turn off Firestick, you can easily shut down the device.
How do I turn off my fire stick
How do I Turn Off my firestick?